Sunday, February 5, 2012

so.... will you






I have always had a fear for babies, marriage, and sticking around anyone other than myself and a mirror for too long. I can never truly understand why people marry each other after dating for a while.
It has to be the pressure from kins and family.
I'm Asian, and back where I came from, family members tend to take it courageously upon their shoulders to be responsible for your unchanged marital status by the time you hit your late twenties. It's a FOC service which you have been irrevocably opted into ever since you were born. It's a force to be reckoned with; One where no amount of rampant display of singlehood-happiness can penetrate the stubbornness to want to make you somebody's spouse.

Maybe it's the next step from dating cos things get boring?
Or maybe it's someone holding someone else with one end of a gun for a mistake that will only come terrorize the both of them nine months later...


It's intriguing, this whole I-wanna-marry-you business. It's perplexing, and it drains the juice from my limited, skinny brain. Then came a couple of late, late nights from the days of sweet, sweet dating like there's no tomorrow....
I found myself sitting in a cab alone, grabbing on to my mobile phone and desperately texting the entire trip home. Barely grasping grammar and spelling in my insobriety, parroting what I felt in my heart over and over every four lines into the conversation.
Before I knew it, it's time to pay up. I dished out my wallet and tapped my card generously on the cabby's shoulder. Wait a minute.
I am not the richest of all girlfriends. Neither am I in the mood to evict myself from the life of my love one. So why am I paying to get away from him?

In my wonderment of what the heck was I doing, I stumbled out of the cab which sped off milliseconds after I shut its door... ... with my phone sandwiched somewhere between the puke-stained, synthetic, navy folds of its passenger seat beeping a "I love you" I shall never get to see.

Lost my phone.
Lost my ID, wallet, keys, and almost every other important thing that doesn't grow on my body.
But I found my answer to marriage. It's the practical solution for something purely emotional.

I want to wake up next to you every time after I go to sleep, and carry on this amazing date we are having for the next 50 years without having to leave you for a place I am supposed to belong.

I think we belong together


And this, I believe, is what's going on for couples just before they realise it's time to marry.



脸对脸,拍张照。1,2,3,记得笑。



其实和对的人一起拍照,是没有什么得特地去切忌的。。。 尤其是微笑。





"Someday you will not need to :)"


They say it's not about the destination, it's the journey.
I can't help feeling it's about everything for us.
What a lovely journey, and I can't wait to arrive at the start of the aisle with you.